Popup Tools are Good for Conversions
Popups are considered to be among the most popular elements of websites. Why? The reason is that they can easily persuade the visitor of your web resource to take the action that you need. They are an excellent working tool in capable hands. Statistics say that out of 100% of visitors to your resource, 96% will never return there. And these statistics don’t say that your site is bad. After closing the page, a person can simply forget about its existence.
But the popups can improve the situation. Using a reliable popup tool, you can create special forms that will attract a person’s attention. For example, if such a form offers a person to subscribe to a useful newsletter or order a product with a good discount, then he will do it.
Why do website designers all over the world try to add popups https://www.itsemurhamies.fi/kotisivu/community/profile/rositajefferis7/ to their projects? Because with the help of these forms they can achieve the following goals:
- subscription to the company’s newsletter;
- downloading helpful content (in this case, the user must also leave his email address or phone number);
- website registration for discount coupons.
All these actions are good for conversions. popups don’t have to be intrusive. When applied effectively, these forms could persuade a website visitor to perform the desired action. To make this happen you just need to choose the kind of popup windows and the material you’ll use for them.
Here are the best 5 types of popup for boosting conversions:
- window while scrolling the page;
- a form that is displayed at a specified time;
- a window with a question;
- exit-intent window.
The name speaks for itself: a welcome popup occurs immediately after a user enters your landing page. In order not to annoy a person, it should consist of important and relevant information, and also cause a feeling that the process is very urgent and cannot be postponed.
Windows that appear as you scroll through the pages of a website
This type of popup window is characterized by the appearance at a certain point in time: as soon as the user reaches the middle or end of the page.
Popups that appear at a given time
Such windows are characterized by their unpredictability: they may not appear for a long time, and https://www.everycarehants.co.uk/everycarestaff/index.php/community/profile/gregyarbro38065/ then, when the user has relaxed and https://www.itsemurhamies.fi/kotisivu/community/profile/rositajefferis7/ does not expect a catch, they will appear in all their glory. Correctly programming the time of the appearance of the window is a whole science. Marketers are still doing a lot of research, calculating the best time for such a popup.
Popup with a “sly” question
Windows of this type are quite common on sites, especially when the user has spent some time there. While using such kinds of forms make sure that the target action is written in large print and highlighted, and the quit icon is almost invisible. In addition, you should not use incorrect phrases to close the window that may confuse or humiliate your target audience.
The last attempt to attract the attention of the user on the site and keep him until he took a fatal step back is the exit-intent popup. There is a rumor that this technique allows you to increase the conversion of the site up to 500%. However, it is not surprising: each of us will turn his attention to what tried to stop us.
By scale, popups are divided into the following categories:
- Hello-board. They cover only a small part of the display and have almost no effect on the operation of the website. Due to their size (designers usually make them quite small), such windows practically do not interfere with users and do not irritate them, but they do not bring many benefits either.
- Page-stop. They capture the entire screen and https://www.dcsportsconnection.com/community/profile/violasutter0030/ prevent you from using the site. To get rid of them, you will have to work hard and find the “cross” icon, which, by the way, does not always appear so quickly. The probability of a response in the case of this category is higher, but user dissatisfaction is also high.
On almost any site today you can find not one, but several popups. Using two, three, or four popups may seem like overkill and redundant, but with the right composition and definition of “X-hour”, it will help to reach the desirable results.
So if you wish to create popups that boost conversions, you should use these tips:
- Clearly and understandably formulate your call to action. The user who finds himself on your site must clearly understand what you want from him and what he will receive in return.
- Use bright colors. The popup needs to stand out, so use contrasting colors. Combinations of yellow + black, and pink + white, for example, attract attention very well.
- Experiment. Viewers will only give you negative comments if they see the identical banner on every page of a website or saturdaysstyle.com after a particular amount of scrolls. Use a variety of popups, but not all of them simultaneously.
- Your offer should be pertinent. Promo codes, discounts, and the word “free” always work. People like to get some presents and benefits, so you can make them happy.
- Crowd effect. If you’re asking a user to sign up for a newsletter or download your book, indicate how many people have already taken the action, as it builds credibility.
- Test. Make sure to preview a popup before including it in your project. Popups should not be disruptive or negative, but they should be evident.
- Avoid pressing. Always keep in mind that the visitors to your website are individuals who have genuine beliefs and real self-worth. Be careful not to impose or force them into doing the desired action. Provide useful info and appealing benefits, but do not be too diligent with the number of popup impressions.